We are born into the silence passed from one generation to next.
Ancestral Blueprints: Revealing Invisible Truths in America’s Soul, by Lisa Iversen, MSW, LCSW, and published by Family Constellations West Publishing, provides a way to relate to this silence by offering:
- Insight into the wisdom of our elders and the influence of their lives on ours;
- Consciousness regarding the consequences of unacknowledged truth in our families and country;
- A compassionate look at American history through the eyes of a psychotherapist who specializes in transgenerational loss and trauma;
- A unique perspective on the place of psychotherapy in American culture; and
- A framework for observing and interacting with life, inspired by our ancestral blueprints.
“This book contains my reflections on psychotherapy, truth, ancestry, tribe, and democracy.
Many people who seek therapy to heal their own pain also hope to heal wounded family networks. This hope contains the invisible, often unacknowledged truth that our lives are deeply affected by events that took place in earlier generations.
Individual struggles with grief, shame, guilt, perfectionism, and dysfunctional families mirror invisible collective experiences frozen in America’s soul.
We are born into the silence passed from one generation to the next, but the truth asks to be seen, heard, and respected. Our heritage, our blood lineage…Cherokee, Scottish, Irish, Chinese, German, Mexican, Jewish, Nigerian, Kenyan, the unnamed, the unknown…they all matter.
This book offers a compassionate framework for observing and interacting with life, inspired by our ancestral blueprints.”
— Lisa Iversen, MSW, LCSW
To order, please visit the Center for Ancestral Blueprints.